Transparency International Hungary calls for experienced investigative journalists to take part in the mentor-mentee program designed for future investigative journalists. Combining our goal to reach out to active citizens and to address the youth through our activities it has become our objective to involve the young generations in the process of unfolding stories linked to corruption. The aim of the program is to develop a professional cooperation between mentors and their mentees interested in journalism but lacking professional experience.
The application deadline for mentors is September 25th 2017
During the program, eight mentors together with their mentees will work together for a period of 2,5 months. As the result of their joint work they will publish eight investigative articles. The call supports the processing of such stories that using the tools of investigative reporting reveal new information on corruption-related issues. Local and national topics are both welcome.
The program is based on cooperation and mutual trust. Mentors and mentees design their work plan together including working methods, deadlines and responsibilities. Besides continuous online contact they meet in person every two weeks and take part in the opening & closing events as well as the interactive workshop in November.
Mentors are entitled to a remuneration of 160.000 HUF+VAT whereas co-authors of the best article will have the opportunity to participate on a two-day study tour to France.
Applications will be evaluated by Transparency International Hungary based on the following criteria:
- experience in the field of investigative reporting
- experience in educating the youth
- sufficient time available for the project and the cooperation itself. Important note: this type of work and cooperation differs from working with an experienced colleague
- Own (or editorial) recommendation of a topic. The joint work may possibly involve more journalists so the mentee can work in a team or also in pair with the mentor
- Knowledge of English at an intermediate level
Applications should include:
- a professional CV and a letter of motivation
- time mentors can dedicate to the program (weekly approx.)
- recommendation of a topic – it is an advantage
Please send your application to email@example.com. The application deadline is: September 25th, 2017. All applicants will receive a notice of the results by September 29th, 2017.
For further information please call Diana Sebestyen at 36-70-409-7277 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TI Hungary supports excellence and diversity which principles will apply during the evaluation of the calls.